Trevino Law, Inc.

A Family Law Firm Located in South Orange County

For a family law lawyer call:  949.716.2102

Contact a Family Law Lawyer
If you have a crises in your life, chances are, you need a divorce attorney . Whether it is child support , child custody , property division , or spousal support , Trevino Law can help you through. Trevino Law is dedicated to helping individuals through the legal process. If you are facing a family law issue, it is important to contact an attorney even before the petition is filed. 

Uniform Interstate Family Support Act

Also known as UIFSA
Family Code sections 5700.101 - 5700.905

Under UIFSA, a California court can only modify an out of court child support order if all the parties live in this state and the minor child does not live in the issuing state.  
To make an order or enforce an order for child support the family court must have personal jurisdiction over a nonresident. An Orange County family court has jurisidiction over an individual if one of the following occurs:
  • the person is served in this state;
  • the person agrees to personal jurisdiction;
  • the person live with the child in California;
  • the person lived in this state and paid pretnatal expenses or support for th child;
  • the child resides in this state as a result of the acts or directives of the person;
  • the person engaged in sexual intercourse in thes tate of California and the child was conceived;
  • the person has filed a volunatry declaration of paternity; or
  • there is any other way consistent with the United States Constitution to establish personal jurisdiction.

Family Code secton 5700.201